You Know you're a DIY Diver When

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You buy your wife a sewing machine for her birthday, so you can sew weight pockets, doo-rags, and drysuit pockets.

When you are closer to 40 than thirty and your "new" drysuit was made when you were a junior in high school!!!

If you look at and inner tube and think that it is a tube of aquaseal and a pair of scissors away from a bladder for your wing/BC.

icantdive55:
When you get mad at your wife for throwing away a perfectly good Clorox bottle. She knows you cut sections out and use them for a writing slate that is form fitted to your arm.

Dang... that's a great idea... Honey! don't throw out the trash yet!

You Know you're a DIY Diver When

when....

your dive mask glass still has small pieces of metalic coating left on it on one side where you scratched it all off, and this phrase etched in the other side of the glass.

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear

Man that is the cold hard TRUTH! My workshop is the envy of all my buddies due to my DIY projects and all the other "rabbit holes" they open up. This forum has been the best AND most expensive I come across.....

1) If you've "shut down" Home Depot on more than one occasion scrambling to make it to the hardware aisle and gotten asked to leave by security
2) Ever had that feeling that all the security cameras in the place are focused on you because you're spending so much time staring at the stainless hardware and churning out new "IDEAS"
3) Should have bought stock in HD along time ago...........
4) Tried different PVC fittings on your arms for dry-glove rings and not being able to explain it to the HD worker guy.
5) Got an "Instant order" account with McMaster Carr
6) Roam the kitchen utensil aisle at the dollar store and drooling at all that beautiful stainless steel!
7) When diving becomes an excuse to try out your new homemade stuff!!

WD

When you buy junk regs on e-bay for the parts..

when you have so many projects on the go that you don't have time to go diving

when you can't decide *which* project to work on today...

When you start reading the DOT stamps on fire extinguishers that you pass by

When you consider building your own hydro tester from a hydraulic jack

when casting lead no longer scares you

when you surf mcmaster carr's website for ideas!

when you consider a kitchen timer fair game for parts for a dive computer!

how about when you attach your spare glasses to your dive mask:D
Finder
mask2gr.jpg

mask12tz.jpg

Back
Top Bottom