You Know you Dive in New England When...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, but that is what Henderson uses .. and others.. in their advertising.

Oh, well.. I think y'all knew what I meant..

I guess living close to NE (45 minutes by road) allows me to write in that thread so here I go:

... when you have to hurry to take off the regulator from the cylinder if you dont want it to be frozen stuck on it (true story :wink: )

... When you have to strip naked in two feet of snow, dry yourself with a towel under a Northern wind and temp in the minuses freezing your b... and dressing up fast while your laughing buddy in a drysuit is threatening to slap your butt with a wet towel. (true story also and it was that day that I decided to buy a drysuit)

- When you prefer to sit in the 45 degree water and let your buddy get on the boat, because it's 30 degrees warmer in the water.
- When the captain shovels the boat while you are diving
- When the boat goes faster to the site then your car does in the snow driving trip home

When you start to believe the entire coastline of New England Consists of Jamestown, RI or Cape Ann, MA.

You consider anything south of Cape Cod to be "warm water diving".

When people tell you that you are insane for diving in 35 degree water for fun, you actually think they are wrong.

When you are driving to a winter dive, you see a jogger running in the snow and you think "That guy is nuts to be out running in the cold," right before you think, "I hope the visibility will be good today."

After a dive, you pimp yourself out, as the guy that shakes up the chocolate milk...

RIOceanographer:
When you are driving to a winter dive, you see a jogger running in the snow and you think "That guy is nuts to be out running in the cold," right before you think, "I hope the visibility will be good today."

That made me laugh - that is so right on. We are so used to what we do it's normal of course.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom