You haven't been to the Philippines if you missed..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No luck

i strongly suggest dumaguete for apo island and siquijor(great soft coral, tons of jackfish, many turtles, big travelis and wrasses, many many frogfish, lotsa macro),
and also malapascua for monad shoal (thresher sharks mantas) and gato island (white tip sharks in a cave)

I'll second those two destinations. I just got back two weeks ago and those two spots are the only places I've been to more than once for diving in the Philippines. Not that I wouldn't like to add more to that list but my vacation time is limited. Check out my flickr site for my better shots from those areas.

I've never been to PG yet but am tempted between there and General Santos after reading up on it. I consider Malapascua home away from home since I've been there for at least 8 trips.

for non-diving stuff you should experience:

you forgot the "you haven't been to the Philippines if you haven't...

been chased by a crossdressing bakla on White Beach...."

oh and don't forget the vertically challenged.... Hobbit House in Manila...

Cebu is great!!! However, I am slightly bias :)

If you want to do your divemaster I could not think of a better place to do it! Beautiful diving spots including Pescador where you will see white tips, turtles and plenty of macro life and also a great social life. The diving here is also not as expensive as elsewhere and it's not that difficult to live on a budget.

There is plent of cheap accommodation and the foor is also inexpensive if you eat at the right places.

If I can provide you any help just let me know.

Cheers

Carl

you haven't been to the Philippines if you haven't...

dined at his place...

2973740728_678067a167_o.jpg

....no, not at Dracula's.

you haven't been to the Philippines if you haven't...

dined at his place...

ah yes, what would I be... without Jollibee...

But I would also have to say, you haven't been the Philippines if you haven't had KFC's fried chicken and rice with gravy as a side dish... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom