You have to be kidding me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

plongere:
Well not to offend all the purists out there, but I got one to try out. I have tried a lots of techniques to keep the old cotton mouth away, but none have worked. I dive a Scubapro 16/550. The bio filter does stick out a long way, and my first trial in the pool went well, seemed to do what I wanted. I do like the fact it has a filter in it that can be used without the wick. We dive quite a lot around the world, and some of our rental tanks looked .. well used.

The device does indeed come with a warning about cold water diving, and I have no intention of using it here in Puget Sound, but rather on tropical diving where bottom times are extended.

So if Apollo got a sucker, so be it. But if it works like the checkout dive, I'll be able to say thanks to the boat crew for helping me back on board.

I guess you can tell I am not DIR...and I also have a couple of other cool gadgets that are marginally usefull, but fun anyway.
I used to have one also and it worked. Gave it up after I made a stupid mistake, water temp had droped from the previous days dive and it froze on me at 75ft.

I used to get horrible dry mouth when I first started diving. Not only that I'd be so thirsty that it was dampening the enjoyment of my dives> I finally got a small water bladder and would put it down the front of my wetsuit with the water line threaded up through the neck. Then I could take a sip any time I needed to.

I got a lot of strange looks, but what the heck, it worked. I've noticed lately that I don't get dry mouth like I used to. With comments here, I think it's because I bought my own regs because it hasn't seemed to happen much since then.

Oh, the interesting things I learn on Scuba Board! :)

detroit diver:
I think this is their answer to the dry mouth question. Not a good answer, but an answer none the less.

Imagine what this thing will do in 40 degree F water!!?? Not funny.

My reg just froze up in 40 degree water in about 10 minutes. I think it would have froze in 4 minutes if I used this. ;-)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom