You have to be kidding me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grunzster:
Not that I'm actually planning on throwing away my money on one of these, but...

Has anyone ever actually used one of these?
http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=17982&prmenbr=946

Just seems like adding another useless failure point?

And how exactly does it give you more bottom time?

I think this is their answer to the dry mouth question. Not a good answer, but an answer none the less.

Imagine what this thing will do in 40 degree F water!!?? Not funny.

I load mine with single malt scotch prior to diving...cures the drymouth and gives that narcosis buzz at 5 feet...

:D

Yeah right...

It fits into the same category as the air-tightened tank strap, the gadget (I can't remember what it's called) that supposedly changes your position in the water column by pushing buttons, the surface marker unit that is powered by your BC, and other answers to questions that really don't exist.

Northeastwrecks:
But the real question is whether you can attach it to your H.U.B.

You can attach ANYTHING to the H.U.B., but you wouldn't be able to find it amongst all the other crap!! Or it might get hidden in a pocket...!

grunzster:
Not that I'm actually planning on throwing away my money on one of these, but...

Has anyone ever actually used one of these?
http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=17982&prmenbr=946

Just seems like adding another useless failure point?

And how exactly does it give you more bottom time?

I seem to recall someone on a boat I was on once had one of theese, and liked it... I used to get the dry mouth when I was doing OW cert and rental regs, but when I bought mine, I no longer had the problem.. I've heard of others with the same deal, the "theory" is if there is metal in the 2nd stage, when you exhale condensation builds on the metal, and has a humidifying effect when you inhale... or something to this effect... with my ScubaPro I don't get dry mouth like I did with the Cheap Aqualung Titan rental regs.

WillAbbott:
I seem to recall someone on a boat I was on once had one of theese, and liked it... I used to get the dry mouth when I was doing OW cert and rental regs, but when I bought mine, I no longer had the problem.. I've heard of others with the same deal, the "theory" is if there is metal in the 2nd stage, when you exhale condensation builds on the metal, and has a humidifying effect when you inhale... or something to this effect... with my ScubaPro I don't get dry mouth like I did with the Cheap Aqualung Titan rental regs.

Can't be, Will. The unit screws into the LP port on the first stage. Your exhalations will never get near the gadget. I think it works by soaking a wick in water and then inserting it into the chamber.

Wow good point, I didn't even think of what would happen using it in this toasty NJ water!

Hey if you poured som flavored syrup in your reg it might be like breathing an Italian Ice down there!

Back
Top Bottom