You have to be kidding me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grunzster:
Wow good point, I didn't even think of what would happen using it in this toasty NJ water!

Hey if you poured som flavored syrup in your reg it might be like breathing an Italian Ice down there!

You might be onto something there!

I've seen 'em.

My biggest problem with them is how they stick out AND what kind of beasties can get growing in a warm, dark, moist environment (when the unit is not being used!)

The stuff that grows in that kind of environment is REALLY bad for you, and inhaling it deeply (which of course you would subsequently do) could be a very un-good thing.

I hate the cotton mouth problem, but have (mostly) solved it by trashing the all-plastic second stages and going back to G250s, which have a metal air tube. I don't get the cotton mouth problem to any significant extent with those.

detroit diver:
You can attach ANYTHING to the H.U.B., but you wouldn't be able to find it amongst all the other crap!! Or it might get hidden in a pocket...!

Don't be silly. Doesn't your octo go in your right pocket, while your left pocket is for your spare air and your will. Thus, there would be no room.

This is yet another product whose primary purpose is to sell scuba equipment to idiots with more brains than money.

Inhale sharply and you'll receive enough moisture to solve the cotton mouth problem.

In cold water you would need to use a nice single malt whiskey to prevent the massive freeze up in the second stage.

Dry mouth can be annoying while you’re watching your life flash before your eyes.

by inverting myself and my older Dacor reg takes care of the problem for me. It's not so great when in SW though.....

Wildbill:cop_2:

grunzster:
Or if you put beer in there, you could have an under water forsty mug! MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
We need to experiemetn with this idea more...the best solution I've had so far is one of those camel back deallys....which stays nice and chilled here in the deeper waters of the quarries. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom