You have to be kidding me!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M:
I like the way you think, single malt of course.

Macallan 18 year old of course (the 24 is over rated)

or Edradour will do

But neither taste good in plastic for that you need bacardi it mixes well with plastic

Now if I could only figure out how to keep my cigar lit.

I'm all over the Double Tanks of Patrone. I'm a sucker for a good tequila. But what about the salt?

Northeastwrecks:
This is yet another product whose primary purpose is to sell scuba equipment to idiots with more brains than money.
Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Talk your Local Dive shop into removint the filter on the compressor, light up a few good cigars next to the air intake, and use this gizmo with tequila and the post dive relaxation can start early.

Well not to offend all the purists out there, but I got one to try out. I have tried a lots of techniques to keep the old cotton mouth away, but none have worked. I dive a Scubapro 16/550. The bio filter does stick out a long way, and my first trial in the pool went well, seemed to do what I wanted. I do like the fact it has a filter in it that can be used without the wick. We dive quite a lot around the world, and some of our rental tanks looked .. well used.

The device does indeed come with a warning about cold water diving, and I have no intention of using it here in Puget Sound, but rather on tropical diving where bottom times are extended.

So if Apollo got a sucker, so be it. But if it works like the checkout dive, I'll be able to say thanks to the boat crew for helping me back on board.

I guess you can tell I am not DIR...and I also have a couple of other cool gadgets that are marginally usefull, but fun anyway.

grunzster:
Not that I'm actually planning on throwing away my money on one of these, but...

Has anyone ever actually used one of these?
http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=17982&prmenbr=946

Just seems like adding another useless failure point?

And how exactly does it give you more bottom time?

I wonder if that thing is DIR? LOL

I am sure it isn't, but neither is my pony bottle or my console mounted computer or fins without spring straps. I still have fun though and have LOTS of cool tee shirts.

JPBECK:
I wonder if that thing is DIR? LOL

Back
Top Bottom