You Gonna Lead ????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timeliner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It’s pretty cold. It’s a beautiful morning though. The frost has just started melting off the grass and I’m floating in the lake. No wind. No waves. Just the horn of a train blended with the hushed sounds of the rural interstate highway 9 miles away. The slow trickle becomes a flow and then a cascade of water into the assemblage of a wetsuit I wear in the colder months of the year.

I was feeling frosty before I got in the water. My normally Golden Globes feel more like a Blue Light Special.

The inventor of Neoprene really should have won the Nobel Prize this year. I’m actually starting to get an Ice Cream headache. This isn’t like me. Ask around, I’m usually pretty good with the cold water. I can blow it off and push the chill aside.

This was not one of those times. I guess I’m caught off guard somehow.
Extreme ideas of warmth and salvation morphed into an X rated Blog.
Silently I screamed.. “I’m cold… Please make this lake warmer like the rest of the world”.
Then…. I felt good…….. Wow.

Here they come…… friends…. protectors………. My Dive Buddy’s
Actually, I think they were there all along and I was just now coming out of the cold water shock. Sometimes, when I dive Solo during the Winter it feels like they are there too. I bring along a bunch of people in my mind when I’m alone.

Funny… when I’m surrounded by people I just want to escape but when I’m alone I think about important people.

One time Some hippies holding signs told me that , “It’s the mean spirited people like you that are causing global warming”. Then they asked for $10 gas money.
I gave it to them. We caught up to them on the Interstate and they flipped us off. But…. For the next 200 miles we did have a bunch of fun. I used to be a Hippie but my Grand Kids hate Hippies and they just tormented those folks.
World Peace is a long way off …………..

Maybe the Hippies were right……… I was cold and started to feel mean.
Then ……. Suddenly, I starting to feel much warmer.

Then I heard somebody ask me ………

“ Frank , Are You Gonna Lead this Dive ?”

Time..... I love to read your posts, they are the greatest(love the sense of humor). Happy New Year. :D

Steve

Time..... I love to read your posts, they are the greatest

I second that.............................

Frank,
your gift with words has made the world a little bit better place.
May 2008 be the best year ever for you.

God bless you & your family

Dave

You guys think his writing is great, you oughta meet him in person :D

It’s pretty cold...

I was feeling frosty before I got in the water. My normally Golden Globes feel more like a Blue Light Special.

This was not one of those times. I guess I’m caught off guard somehow.
Extreme ideas of warmth and salvation morphed into an X rated Blog.
Silently I screamed.. “I’m cold… Please make this lake warmer like the rest of the world”.
Then…. I felt good…….. Wow.

Maybe the Hippies were right……… I was cold and started to feel mean.
Then ……. Suddenly, I starting to feel much warmer.

Frank, I think all that happened here was that you peed in your wetsuit. It'll warm you up everytime! :D

Happy New Year ya'll!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a complex man Frank.......

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you are a complex man Frank.......

I think he just has a complex :D

Back
Top Bottom