You can buy air tickets online for Batavia (Sriwijaya too)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"Interesting, I'm going to try to book Lion while on an Indonesian ip address and see if it works!" When I've tried in the past (including today) with both my mastercard and visa from here in the US it looks like it's going through, including sometimes getting to the verisign page, then it always rejects..the last one I got was something like "couldn't get authorization for payment." I've called my mastercard in the past when that happened and, according to them, they weren't even seeing anything from Lion "requesting" payment from them, and didn't reject it on their end for any reason. Hope it works..I'll be in Bali mid week and I'll post the results.

UOTE=gee13;6446805]The first time I booked Lion was May 2011 via Aussie C/C from Australia. Then I tried to book for April 2012 and didnt work, and Last time I had an Aussie C/C which went through when I was Bali.

It seems they changed procedures and you cant book via o/seas ip anymore? Thats not to say they havent changed it back to what it was. Thats why Im curious about it.
[/QUOTE]

In Indonesia for a couple of months and tried booking Lion Air with an Indo ip address. Oddly enough, for the first time ever, i was able to book a flight...but it was for an international leg (SIN-MDC)..when I tried to do it booking domestic flights same problem as I've always had with a US issued credit card...gets to the end of the process, looks like it's working, then you get a reject message.

Well I booked my domestic lion air tickets via the airport outlet in Bali. Upon enquiry you can pay via international cc this way but its not valid otherwise online or via phone. . This certainly presents a problem and lion has gone backward in this respect imho. I mean why prevent gaining more business via international bookings? But there are no other reliable alternatives with decent flight schedules sometimes and lion seem to be the lesser evil.. .

Hey guys just wanted to chip in that I tried out perama tours for domestic booking using paypal payment on my last trip. So far all good. There are also other reliable travel agents in Indo that can book on your behalf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom