You are given a credit card with an infinite amount of money, but can only be used at dive shops. What’s your dream setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m assuming that’s referring to dive gear only. But even if not, money cannot solve human problems of relative status, greed, lust, or fear.

I (and probably most divers) don't have just one "dream setup", and would rather end up with a warehouse of unused dive gear that I bought because well, I have the infinite credit card and gear is fun, so why the hell not. The days of researched purchases would be over, I would just buy a bit of everything of and have fun trying them out and deciding which I liked best that week.

The problem would remain finding time off work for dive trips and training. Unless I can resell all that free dive gear and set up a dive shop with no investment in stock, let the staff ran it and only dive... maybe there's something there after all 🤔

Flagrantly violating the parameters of the Basic Scuba sub-forum, this is what I would get:

1646405583769.png

Nice question. I think i'd buy a Wally Why200, get a crew and go on a year or so long trip to the Carib, Iceland, Med and some islands in the Indian ocean to end at Indonesia. Gearwise lots of shearwater stuff, completely custom made dry and wet suits and a large range of nice other stuff. Multiple of everything to sort out my sweet spot equipment. After that, i would try to find out how to find some meaning in my life again 😉😁

As your front for purchasing things that dive shop would become the most powerful entity on earth.

Good point. The first thing you should buy is the dive shop to ensure cooperation.

You probably need a few accessories, like a boat with a man-rated crane since diving off a beach is not so easy. This is for anyone who hasn't noticed a Newtsuit in their local dive shop.

1646407687150.png

Come to think of it, you will need two unless you get solo certified first.
:facepalm:

What is the point here, besides people naming the most expensive diving related stuff they can think of?

Doesn't have to be another point for it, dreaming is fun and all, just curious if OP had one.

To at least add something to the topic, I would buy up every single bottle of helium I could get my hands on.

Firstly I'd buy a bigger garage to put it all in.

Given I seem to have bought just about everything I'd ever want for diving (rebreather, 30 cylinders, scooter, ....) there's not much more "needed". OK, a compressor bank of J cylinders, booster...

Nah, what's needed is the funds to go diving in wonderful places around the world. This is actually the intention now; start off slowly and sod off to see the world!

A VW campervan (customised for dive kit) will be in my near future...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom