Yorkton

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Honkeye

Reaction score
Hi people, i am currently in the last stages of moving to Yorkton from the south coast of England, and would like to know if it is worth bringing any of my gear with me. I currently dive on twins using mk25 S600, VR3 computer + other stuff. Am selling the cylinders as it dont seem worth bringing them any way. The Dry suit not to sure on as used to get cold over here with it so prob bloody freeze diving over there.

Or should i just sell it all as there no good diving over there?

Help please
Thanks in advance
Nathan

Honkeye:
Hi people, i am currently in the last stages of moving to Yorkton from the south coast of England, and would like to know if it is worth bringing any of my gear with me. I currently dive on twins using mk25 S600, VR3 computer + other stuff. Am selling the cylinders as it dont seem worth bringing them any way. The Dry suit not to sure on as used to get cold over here with it so prob bloody freeze diving over there.

Or should i just sell it all as there no good diving over there?

Help please
Thanks in advance
Nathan

I'm not too sure where Yorkton is, but if it is on the western coast of Canada chances are the diving will be awesome. You might want to keep your drysuit because the water can get quite cold at depth (~ 5-8 C). Check out s****enstien's website http://victoriadiving.50megs.com/ for some images.

Hi not really western more middle bottom
yorkton, Saskatchewan
Just above and to the right of Regina and about 4 hrs to the left and up of Winipeg

As far as i can see there is no water so would be lake diving but on my map cant even see any lakes

Any advice would be a help dont want to drag all my gear over for nothing.

Cheers

Honkeye:
Hi people, i am currently in the last stages of moving to Yorkton from the south coast of England, and would like to know if it is worth bringing any of my gear with me. Nathan
I am assuming you are referring to Yorkton, Saskatchewan. If so, bring your gear. There are some decent lakes in close proximity to Yorkton and there is a small yet relatively active diving community in Southern Saskatchewan.

That, and salt water is only 1500 miles away!

Best regards;

jbm

Cheers will bring my stuff over then have sold my fins dry suit and twin set, Will buy dry suit over there mines bit cold at 8 deg.

Been told today should be looking at mid January for move.

Still cant get the site up either www. or no www.

Honkeye:
Been told today should be looking at mid January for move.

Mid January move to Yorkton........brace yourself......the thermal shock is going to get your attention......

jbm

not understanding how a drysuit isn't warm enough, that's what more underwear is for. Good thermals make all the difference. Unless it's too snug to fit good thermals under of course.

Just feel the cold thats all dive or did in a Oceanic Airdura Titanum Dry suit and Weezle Undersuit. This was in temps down to 4deg though. Came out hands blue and felt like someone had smacked me in the face with a peace of 4x2 when i jumped in.

Want something like a othree Ri2 or similar thats available in Canada

I knew I group of divers use to go from Yorkton to Lake Superior and also make several trips to the west coast. I made several dives in Lake Defenbaker (spelling) just north of Moose Jaw, heck I even did a few in some coolies out in the middle of some farmers fields. Some groups would head north to Alberta to dive Cold Lake.

Hey have fun

Back
Top Bottom