Yoke type reg on DIN type tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
If I have a DIN valve on a tank is there any why to use a Yoke type regulator on it short of having the regulor converted? I know about the converters that allow a DIN reg to atach to a "K" type tank valve
But in this case I want to loan a DIN type tank to some one who has
The more common yoke type reg.

I know PST makes a convertable valve, you remove a little plug
and the K becomes a DIN. Is there a device like that plug that
would work on "any" DIN tank.

Yes I know about the pressure limits. One would have to under fill the
DIN tank when planning to use a yoke reg on it

there is something called a doughnut, that screws into the din valve and allows you to use the yoke reg on it. look for a technical orientated LDS they will have one for a dollar or three.

cancun mark:
there is something called a doughnut, that screws into the din valve and allows you to use the yoke reg on it. look for a technical orientated LDS they will have one for a dollar or three.

That will only work for a 232 bar valve. You cannot put a yoke over a 300 bar valve.

ChrisA:
Yes I know about the pressure limits. One would have to under fill the
DIN tank when planning to use a yoke reg on it

Not necessarily. It depends on the tank. If its a HP tank, you're not going to put a yoke over it anyway. If it isn't, then the yoke will take the working pressure the tank is rated for.

MD

MechDiver:
Not necessarily. It depends on the tank. If its a HP tank, you're not going to put a yoke over it anyway. If it isn't, then the yoke will take the working pressure the tank is rated for.

MD

It is an HP tank.

But lets say it will not be filled to more than 3000PSI.
Is your concern for safty or simply that it will not mechanically fit?

ChrisA:
It is an HP tank.

But lets say it will not be filled to more than 3000PSI.
Is your concern for safty or simply that it will not mechanically fit?

Ahh, thought that was clear. The yoke will not go over the valve to preclude people using them for pressures they are not made for (3500+).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom