Yoke to din

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Floatingtheflats

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It is possible to permanently change a yoke regulator to a din? I know they make adapters to use but this still exposes the weak part of the yoke set up at the o ring while using a high pressure tank. I am looking to make my Zeagle yoke regular a din regular without buying a new one.

Great link; that is exactly what I was looking for. Is it a easy process to change it out? Does it require any special tools?

Great link; that is exactly what I was looking for. Is it a easy process to change it out? Does it require any special tools?

I don't know on the Zeagle. My Scubapro required a large pair of pliers and a couple of Allen wrenches. It was simple.

For the Zeagle, the change is very easy. You'll need two tools: a large wrench and an Allen key. Talk to your Zeagle dealer about exactly what sizes.

I changed mine and I've never looked back.

I cannot imagine why anyone would ever consider buying a yoke reg. Mine's DIN and I have a yoke adapter for it when I use AL80s. Simple as pie.

Just about all regulator models are identical whether DIN or yoke, and all one has to do is put the DIN conversion kit in it to make it a full-blown DIN reg. I would strongly advise that the user get the same brand kit from his/her reg's manufacturer; I've heard too many war stories about aftermarket kits not fitting the regs properly.

You lucked out too with the Zeagle, because their conversion kits are very reasonable. Some brands are double that for their conversion. The Zeages are easy to change, I think I used a large adjustable to get the yoke off, and the adjustable and allen keys to put the DIN back on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom