Yoke Protectors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blacknet

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for some type of yoke protector to go on the tank valve between dives that would stop particulate matter from building up in the places that matters. I know for din setups you can get screws but I have yet to see anything for a yoke setup. Any ideas?

Ed

My LDS sells these little plastic/rubber covers that just stretch (well, there isn't much stretching really) over the valve. They've got a string on them so you can attach them to the valve so you won't lose them. They come in different colors.

Hello,

those don't work to keep things out and I was hoping to find a better setup. Besides this is going into an o2 clean enviroment (tanks/valves)

Ed

Just open the valve for a few seconds anything in there will be blasted out.

Just as a side note why did you choose Yokes over DINS ?

Hello,

Well I'm converting my al80's over to nitrox use only. My current main setup is yoke and one day I will change it to DIN. For now it's several factors, cost and diversity.

Ed

Ed,
I feel for you, I went through the same thing about a year ago....it's a pain in the but :) converting all your tanks to din then I had 5 regs to do...... at some point you just have to bite the bullet or brass so the case may be.
Rob

Hello,

Well I did just buy my 2nd al80 tank this past weekend. When I called the shop I ask for 3 genesis DIN valves and 1x al80 tank. When I went to pick them up I got 3x genesis K valves and 1x al80 tank, so I just bought the al80 tank w/ the genesis K valve. I also travel to the bahamas and use my regulator there, they don't have din tanks, all yoke. So I figure I can use the same reg on the trip and have it o2 cleaned when I get back. Today I can't see buying another reg just for the bahama trips, it's just not cost effective. I figure for the overall deal it would be best to stick with yoke, however my stages I do have a DIN setup.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom