Question Yet another BP/W purchasing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Solid. So long as it can handle a drysuit and the plate can upscale to a doubles setup, it sounds like a great deal!
you can thank Dive Rite for standardizing the backplate mounting, it will be just fine with doubles though you will find that if you regularly switch between doubles and singles you will either get a second backplate or a single tank adapter because unthreading cam bands is rather irritating, but you'll figure that out. Good thing is they're all modular so you won't have to worry about anything until you go to doubles.

This for $425 is about as cheap as you'll get, it will be fully compatible for Fundies. Get the stainless plate, I don't personally think that saving 3-4lbs with an aluminum plate is worth the hassle of extra lead but get aluminum if you disagree. Plates are plates, harnesses are harnesses, and this wing is ideal for single tank diving.

I have this exact package and love it…just dissembled it to take it to Belize on Monday.

I have this exact package and love it…just dissembled it to take it to Belize on Monday.

You are one of the nicest guys around here but you get the prize for your consistancy in loving cheap stuff...

Solid. So long as it can handle a drysuit and the plate can upscale to a doubles setup, it sounds like a great deal!

Get the DGX package with steel plate. It’s got more than enough lift. I usually dive mine with a steel tank in both wetsuit and Drysuit. You won’t regret it. Don’t get caught up on “name brand” stuff like Halcyon.

When is this site going to give us the option of deleting a post….

You are one of the nicest guys around here but you get the prize for your consistancy in loving cheap stuff...

I also love my shearwater perdix AI, double shearwater transmitters, shearwater petrel backup computer, Hollis katana 2 sidemount bcd. None of which are “cheap.” Why would I buy a halcyon BPW when a DGX is just as good….

Nothing cheap about any of it, it's just not flashy. Which is exactly what some of us prefer.

I don't need my nickname embroidered 9n my wing, or 6 chest rings sewn to my harness, or some giant goofy brand name and logo.

I think the DGX was better than the others I tried. Only quibble, I had to slowly file around the holes punched in the ss plate to get rid of sharp edges. The AL plate had no such issue.

Back
Top Bottom