Year Round dive sites in Ontario

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Baydoun

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'm looking for a dive site i can dive within driving distance from Toronto. I dive Humber bay in January-March when everything else freezes but is there anywhere else similar where its possible to dive throughout the winter?

Since you're in the GTA, check out The Dive Academy in Oakville. They are heading to Cayman Brac later this week (part of the group is already there), but I think that they do local diving all year so they might be able to help you out.

There are lots of places to dive but conditions can make most challenging or inaccessible.
You could try the Welland scuba park but it does freeze over as winter progresses like many other sites. Cedar Hill park just east of Wiarton can be good most of the year as well. Just off the old fish hatchery in Wiarton is generally accessible most of the winter. Not very deep but often has schools of whitefish patrolling the area. I have a dive site map that might help you find some divesites.
Dive site map

Back
Top Bottom