Yapak, Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pakman:
interesting Hank... checking my tide schedule as we speak... :wink:

Pakman, I just got an email from my buddy Peter Gotto, at Fisheye. He says they just had a strong typhoon there and the island and dive shops lost over 120 boats. Fisheye's big one, the Marcelina, drifted over towards Carabao before the crew bailed out and swam to shore there. have you heard anything? Hank

I think i'll just enjoy the sand, plus sea air will only allow 10kg of baggage, and i'll be staying for 3 days and 2 nights only, doing 2 deco dives might not be smart, s.i.t won't be that long.

..of course there's always the itch to dive when you're in an area with dive sites.... any recommended dive shops in station 1? :)

i've done diving in boracay last june; definitely can't compare with anilao/puerto galera but i should say its good for beginners with not much current, not bad a viz. the dive shop i went with kept pushing me to yapak, saying its the best dive site there; tunas and sharks to be seen, but i didnt do it -- the calling of san miguel is far greater :crafty: :crafty:

i'd be there this 29th dec to 1st jan with a group of non diving friends; but i guess it wouldnt hurt much to dive in a less quality site if i am really itching for saltwater :wink:

We just went through Boracay....wow...the typhoon did a number on them We had a speed boat drift all the way to Culasi and beached at Mararison Island. I was shocked at the damage. We went through both typhoons at Puerto Galera and it was bad. We were pretty frightened during the BIG one.

ll check out calypso, hoping the hammerhead's lurking around. Thanks for the inputs!
If anybody will be there on Feb 2-4, let me know.

OT: the sea air promo now includes coron....

The hammerhead is always lurking...

...oh, sorry, carry on as you were...

noooooo, did they? that is so nasty. just when all the ticket purchases were done from our side. *arggghhhh*

Mampsa:
ll check out calypso, hoping the hammerhead's lurking around. Thanks for the inputs!
If anybody will be there on Feb 2-4, let me know.

OT: the sea air promo now includes coron....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom