Yamashiro wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You are right that's me. Just packing my bags at the moment. Fly out tomorrow afternoon and start heading to the Leyte area. Hopefully everything goes fine.

Bruce

Good dives and good journey Bruce:coffee:
andibk:
You are right that's me. Just packing my bags at the moment. Fly out tomorrow afternoon and start heading to the Leyte area. Hopefully everything goes fine.

Bruce

The Yamashiro project was a big success. The dive team had spent three days on the wreck. First day the currents where so strong we could not even hook onto the wreck. Second day we could not hook onto the wreck so we decided to send down a heavy anchor with alot of rope and a bunch of floats. I had problems with the special electronics unit I had and used the standard electronics but only decided to do a depth of 125 meters. Pim the other bottom diver had equipment problems on the surface and had to abort. Cedric was able to reach the top of the wreck at 180 meters. The bottom of the wreck was at roughly 200 meters. Decompression lasted around 6 hours. We went back on day three to find are descent line missing. We put together another shot line only to have it snap when we tried to bring it up and make some adjustments.

andibk

Sound good! Welcome back :D
andibk:
The Yamashiro project was a big success.
Congratulation
The dive team had spent three days on the wreck. First day the currents where so strong we could not even hook onto the wreck. Second day we could not hook onto the wreck so we decided to send down a heavy anchor with alot of rope and a bunch of floats.
I had problems with the special electronics unit I had and used the standard electronics but only decided to do a depth of 125 meters.
Are you using CC trimix rebreather dives
Pim the other bottom diver had equipment problems on the surface and had to abort.
equipment failure's?
Cedric was able to reach the top of the wreck at 180 meters. The bottom of the wreck was at roughly 200 meters. Decompression lasted around 6 hours. We went back on day three to find are descent line missing. We put together another shot line only to have it snap when we tried to bring it up and make some adjustments.

andibk

Pakman, Are you interested go for the dive?

Jason Ooi:
Pakman, Are you interested go for the dive?

to 180m? uh... that'll be many years from now if ever...:wink:

Bruce, congrats to the team. Too bad you had problems with the hammerhead...

Good expedition....:D
pakman:
to 180m? uh... that'll be many years from now if ever...:wink:

Bruce, congrats to the team. Too bad you had problems with the hammerhead...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom