Y valve vrs octo off the 1st stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dpreviti

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Group,

I just got a good going out of business sale and picked up a pair of Alum 80's for $60. My question is they have a y valve which I assume is for another first stage & octopus setup. I am diving with my octo on my 1st stage in a 2hp port.

What are the advantages to a second 1st? Is it that regular of an occurance to blow out a ring that redundency is required? If that is the case is two regs on one 1st really just a false sense of security other then of course being able to share air with your buddy?

I OWD right now but want my gear to be able to expand into other more tech stuff, so buying another 1st isn't a big issue.

Thanks

Dave

If one regulator free flows, you can shut down the valve without shutting off your air. They are mostly used with bigger single tanks than an AL 80.

oh I'm sorry to sound neive it has a cut-out between the Y? I haven't gotten them yet.

Thanks for the quick response.

Dave

The ones I have seen had a valve on each branch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom