Info 1st stage failure Apeks DST

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had regulators first stages have IP issues causing second stage leaks but never causing LPI issues leading to unintended bc inflation and second stage leak at the same time.

Yea I put my IP gauge on which goes up to 300 PSI. As soon as we cracked the cylinder the needle instantly slammed all the way round.
My suspicion is that we were getting near to tank pressure on the LP side.

Yea I put my IP gauge on which goes up to 300 PSI. As soon as we cracked the cylinder the needle instantly slammed all the way round.
My suspicion is that we were getting near to tank pressure on the LP side.

Did you try the LPI hose on a different regulator to make sure that it had no permanent damage?

Did you try the LPI hose on a different regulator to make sure that it had no permanent damage?
No but thank you for the suggestion. Will pass it on.
How old is that 1st stage?
A couple of weeks. About 8 dives since it was purchased I believe.

We'd dived together the day before. No issues.

Not what I meant. There is a number on stage body from which you can discern year of manufacture.
Maybe it has sat on shelf for some time. Not saying this is the case, just trying to figure out if bad seats are on the market again.

Not what I meant. There is a number on stage body from which you can discern year of manufacture.
Maybe it has sat on shelf for some time. Not saying this is the case, just trying to figure out if bad seats are on the market again.
how do you find out the year of manufacture?

for example, this is what i have on my 1st stage: 2106 10439

Back
Top Bottom