Y-valve hose routing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaNJ

New
Reaction score
I have recently aquired two tanks with y-valves on them. After some debating what to do with them, I decided to try them out as my single tanks. This is how I set them up. I have a ATX 200 and a DS4. I have on the right post, the ATX 200 with my primary and dry suit inflation. On the left, the DS4, with the spg, back-up, and bc inflation. First, I would like any coments on this set-up (recomendations/critisism welcomed).
I dove the tanks this weekend and I had considerable trouble reaching the valves. Only after I took of the crotch stap (I dive a BP/W) and grabed the 1st stages and used them to pull the tanks towards the back of my head and then grabed the valves was I able to do a shut down. I will play around with them more and hopefully get more comfertable. My question is where should the valve handles theoreticaly be relative to say the middle of my neck to make shut down easiest.
Thanks allot for all your inputs. Anybody who has experince diving y-valves, their recomindations and tips are most welcomed.
Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom