Question Seaskin Si-Tech Inflator hose issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BORG

Contributor
Reaction score
Tucker, Georgia, just northeast of Atlanta
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys,
I have a new Seaskin Nova drysuit, I was prepping last night for a dive in the next few days. Seaskin had a recall on the Si-Tech inflation valve and connector last year, which I replaced with their recommended inflator valve and connector.

I hooked up the original inflator hose that came with the suit to my second stage and turned on the air in my tank and tried to connect the hose to the connector at the inflator valve. It wouldn't connect easily, even pulling back on the sleeve and after several tries, I was finally able to get the hose connected to the inflator valve. I tried to pull off the hose, again, pulling back on the sleeve and it wouldn't come off the connector, which would be a danger with a stuck valve at depth.

I never had these issues with my old Pinnacle suit, which is no longer operational. On the Seaskin suit turning off the air in the tank, I had no problem at all connecting and disconnecting the inflator hose to the inflator valve.
I sent an email to Seaskin HQ in the UK about this and as of this morning, I haven't heard back from them yet.

Good on you mate, and great diving

Just disregard this thread. I went to my LDS a few days ago and got a longer BCD hose and it fits like a champ. Does what it should for QD.
After a few dives, a couple sprays of Silicone into the connector will do wonders

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom