XXXL bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I know.
I'm 6'4" and 225 and I'm starting to feel small.

a couple shots of Tequila will fix you right up, no worries. :D

Look at the Sea Elite Profile Hybrid BCD. It is a heavier BC, but I'm sure the XXL would work for him. Also, length of the BC is comfortable for someone who is taller.

I know this is an old thread , but as i have been looking the last several months for a BCD myself and this thread keeps coming up I figured Ill add my two cents. First me ... I am 6'4 380lbs (173 kg) I have dived in the XXL BCD from various manufactures , some fit better then others. After much research ( finding a company that actually makes a bcd oversized and not just a longer cummerbund.) I have purchased the Sherwood XXXL -5xl AVID comp3 ... I could not be more happy. It fits around my sides and down my shoulders as well as sits as it should on my waist line. Rather than looking like a fat guy in a little bcd, I actually look relatively normal. The integrated weight bags work great and the jacket has a lot of d rings pockets and clips. I have tried the wing and harness setup , though you can make things fit it is definitely not made for big humans . the shoulders are narrow on some and they are always short ,,,, you end up with the rings and clips up near your shoulder tops ... FYI though I am heavy my body is not obese (... 60 inch chest , very broad shoulders 22 inch neck but a 44 waist ) , so the wing set up may fit other normal bigger people better The Sherwood BCD though was definitely designed by a big person for a big person ... if anyone needs pics please let me know

chet

Last edited:
I have tried the wing and harness setup , though you can make things fit it is definitely not made for big humans . the shoulders are narrow on some and they are always short ,,,, you end up with the rings and clips up near your shoulder tops ...

I'm curious to what "wing & harness setup" you have tried......for a "simple" BP/W the ring issue is simply to move them on a single web harness (your size just means more webbing is needed/used) . The "short" tells me that you didn't try a plate sized for someone who is 6'-4" (I'm 6'-7", and can tell you that there is quite a difference in a "long" and "x-long" plate from a "standard" one).

this is why anyone outside of the normal size range for a backplate needs to call Tobin at Deep Sea Supply and get one of his plates. If you had tried the large pattern plate you would have had a very different experience. I'm 6'3" 280 and similar proportions, and I can't comfortable wear a normal plate, I have short legs, so the long pattern plate is what works for me. It sounds like the harness wasn't fit properly for you, but you also need to try the other plate sizes that Tobin makes if you want to try again and see the advantages of that style of rig.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom