XXXL bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

captrmj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
hi all. any ideas where i can locate a bcd for a student. he is 6ft8 260lbs with a 56 inch chest.
not fat, but fit and active, he wants to enjoy the sport but cant find a jacket to start training.
any ideas? i tried most the companys and even zeagle only goes up to 50 inch chest
thanks

hi all. Any ideas where i can locate a bcd for a student. He is 6ft8 260lbs with a 56 inch chest.
Not fat, but fit and active, he wants to enjoy the sport but cant find a jacket to start training.
Any ideas? I tried most the companys and even zeagle only goes up to 50 inch chest
thanks

back plate and wing, works great and fully adjustable:d

hi all. any ideas where i can locate a bcd for a student. he is 6ft8 260lbs with a 56 inch chest.
not fat, but fit and active, he wants to enjoy the sport but cant find a jacket to start training.
any ideas? i tried most the companys and even zeagle only goes up to 50 inch chest
thanks

Call Oxycheq or DSS for a Backplate/Wing setup with a HOG harness, or go online at Dive-Rite, etc.

Are you sure they would ever let this guy on a plane....he might have to buy two seats:confused:

Hmm Im hopeing you have some luck on this. Id second the BPW idea since they are alot more big boy friendly :) Does this guy play basketball though Sheeeesh 6 foot 8 is a mighty tall feller :)

Have you talked to Zeagle about a custom size?

Afaik Scubatoys is currently ordering one for a guy posting on their forum who is 6'5 and 475lbs. Seems like that would be a lot bigger than a 50' chest.

[user]ScottZeagle[/user] is their rep here.

While I agree with the BP&W solution, if a jacket is necessary, look at the Seaquest Pro QD in XXL.

I'm just under 6'5", 260lbs.

The problem I found with conventional BC's was that they were too short, the waiststrap/cummerbund rode at diaphragm level, which is too high. Going to a BP/W solved that problem.

In addition to being very adjustable, the BP/W will probably be less expensive than a custom BC.

At 6'8", your student will probably want to look into a "long" backplate, such as that made by Deep Sea Supply.

https://www.deepseasupply.com/

I use a "standard" length backplate, and while backplates are almost "one-size-fits-all", at about 6'4" or 6'5" a longer plate becomes more comfortable.... in my case, the crotch strap is used to help customize the fit.

Good luck.

thanks

I wear a 52 long jacket, but my XL Ranger fits great. The Ranger has a modular design that allows you to order different sized cumberbunds and shoulder straps (I went XL shoulder anXL cumberbund). I'm not sure, but I think they have XXL as well.

Back
Top Bottom