XXXL bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle Express Tech... no doubt about it!

Zeagle-Express-Tech-BC.jpg

Zeagle's Express Tech BC: One Size fits YOU!

Scuba.com Video: Zeagle Express Tech Buoyancy Compensator (BC) Video Review - Buoyancy Compensators

FWIW the BPW should be easier to set up for doubles too. And at his size he might need a bit more air than the rest of us...

For a guy that size, you really want a BP & Wing. One size fits all and better weight distribution as well.If you want economical you can look at a DiveRite. If price isn't an issue his best bet would be a Halcyon Infinity System (one piece fully adjustable harness). We have put bigger people in it and they have loved it.
HIS-2T.jpg

Scroll down & check out the video on our site!
http://www.diveseekers.com/Halcyon_Infinity_BC_Systems_HIS_p/his.htm

Hmm, that looks exactly like a BP/W - minus the plate and the interchangability.
But it's not. It's far easier to adjust and you can put what ever wing you want on it. But boy, talk about COMFORT and simplicity. It far exceeds that of a traditional backplate. I use mine for both single tank diving as well as diving sidemount with dual 130s.

Wouldn't necessarily need doubles, I'm 6'4" 260 and not fat, with a SAC in the .4-.6 range. My dive buddy is 6'7" 280 and his is comparable. Normal Halcyon backplates fit both of us and our heigh is in our torso *I have a 32" inseam, his is 34".

One of my students now is about 6' and well over 300lbs, fat guy... and the Halcyon plate fits him fine, we had to make a LONG harness, but it works. The only problem your student may have is getting in and out of the shoulder straps when they are tightened appropriately. I have a fair amout of trouble as does my dive buddy so when we're out of the pool we use Transplates to get in and out easier.

My wife who normally uses an XXL Scubapro Glide can also fit into an Edge Freedom XL. This means that the Edge Freedom XXL must be able to fit really large people. The price and quality is good to. They can be purchased from www.divers-supply.com.

There is also a website with scuba gear and other sporting goods specificially sized for extremely large people. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the name at the moment.

I have a 55" chest and dive a Seaquest Pro QD and am looking to sell it because I now have 2 BP/W's. I have not established a price or anything......if interested, send me a PM.

hi all. any ideas where i can locate a bcd for a student. he is 6ft8 260lbs with a 56 inch chest.
not fat, but fit and active, he wants to enjoy the sport but cant find a jacket to start training.
any ideas? i tried most the companys and even zeagle only goes up to 50 inch chest
thanks

ScubaPro KnightHawk XXL... I'm 3 inchs shorter same chest size

Back
Top Bottom