XS Wheeled Mesh Backpack construction?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

84turboz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Is the wheeled mesh backpack construction the same as the deluxe mesh backpack except for the wheels or is it different? Pictures lead me to believe it might not be as sturdy. Also what is the empty weight difference between the two? LDS did not have the wheeled in stock. I'm hesitant to order sight unseen. I like the deluxe mesh backpack, but think the wheels may come in handy every once in awhile.

Hey Turboz:
The wheel assemblies of all of our wheeled dive bags are the same. Both bags are equally as rugged. We use an exclusive, injection molded housing that allows you to change out the wheel / wheel assembly (if you can beak it). Attachment to the bag is with stainless steel hardware (nuts and bolts). The axles are also 316 grade stainless steel. The weight of the Wheeled Mesh Backpack (BG327) is 5.9 pounds and the Wheeled Mesh Duffel (BG150) is 5.7 pounds. The BG327 has the added features of a dry pocket and water bottle holder. Thank you for your interest in our gear.

Is the wheeled mesh backpack construction the same as the deluxe mesh backpack except for the wheels or is it different? Pictures lead me to believe it might not be as sturdy. Also what is the empty weight difference between the two? LDS did not have the wheeled in stock. I'm hesitant to order sight unseen. I like the deluxe mesh backpack, but think the wheels may come in handy every once in awhile.

Got this bag from ScubaToys and used it this weekend. I could not be any happier. This is an awesome gear bag!

I have the BG327 and I fill that thing till it's bulging , can't be closed completely, and I can hardly lift it ... not a tear or frayed area on it , over a year old .. I very much like it
... The wheels are ... absolutely necessary in my case :D

Back
Top Bottom