XS Scuba/Worthington LP STEEL CYLINDERS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phillybob

Contributor
Reaction score
Has Anyone Bought One Of These Guys ? I Know Xs Sells Other Gear . Worthington Makes Industrial Cylinders,but I Don't Know Anyone Who Has Dove One Of These Things. Thanks.

A friend of mine who owns a dive operation in Cozumel just bought two dozen LP 95 and 120's. I saw them when I was there two weeks ago and they looked like really good well made tanks. They were clean for 40 percent nitrox and had the green handwheels on all the valves. He will be using them just for Nitrox and diving nothing but salt water. It will be interesting to see how they hold up compared to the 30 plus Pressed Steel tanks that he has had for a number of years.

He ordered his tanks from XS Scuba. Even thought they cut him a deal for buying in bulk by the time they cleared customs and he paid all the freight he had quite a bit of an investment.

Jim

Are they at all different from Fabers?

My doubles are Worthington LP 95's the only difference I see is height the Worthingtons are about a ½" shorter than the fabers. xsscuba has the dimension charts on both the LP and HP tanks.

Mike

I just got a pair of Worthington 85's, and I caught holy hell from the wife unit. What is it about owning huge amounts of scuba tanks that women do not grasp? So maybe I don't take 10 tanks on every dive, but it's nice to have lots of contingency gas.
She's an instructor also, although from a different agency. Oh well, it could be worse...I guess.
For what it's worth - the Worthington 85's also look to be about 1/2" shorter than my Faber 85's. Sweet tanks!

compare to AL80 a Worthington 95 will be bigger or smaller???

so then it makes sence to get a worthington95 rather than an 85. doesnt seem to be a big difference from AL80 and all that extra air is worth it for me.

A set of 85s would be significantly lighter than a set of 95s (~ 10 lbs I think). I know a few people with double 85s who love them.

That being said, if you're looking for a singles tank, and you want steel, you should really hunt down the PST E7-100 unless you get a really good deal on something like an LP95 and it's OK to have an inferior singles tank.

Or you can wait for the Worthington X7-100 which should be just as good, according to the specs..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom