XS Scuba Power Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bsigmund

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Does anyone have experience with the XS power fins vs. turtle fins? My turtles got ripped off last week and the power fins look similar but are $20 cheaper. I dive drysuit with rock boots exclusively. My size 10 rock boots were a little loose in the pockets of the turtles, so I wonder if the size 13 (XL) power fins will fit and give decent propulsion with drysuit and doubles.

Thanks in advance for your advice,
Bill Sigmund

Perhaps you saw my thread about jets vs. power fins currently lower down in this sub-forum? I've also owned turtles (which I since sold) but as best as I can tell from memory and measurements I kept, the turtles were about 1/2" shorter and 1" wider. But the power fins appear stiffer. Their foot pockets are smaller than those of the turtles so make sure you can return them if they don't fit you. I'd estimate roughly 1/2" narrower, 1/2" shorter, same depth, but the turtles pockets were probably softer and of roomier shape. If the fit is right then I'm sure they'd be fine for tech diving since their shape and material is so similar to the jets and turtles which many tech divers use.

I agree with Floater. I tried on the Power Fins, because I wanted a stiffer fin, like my AL Blades II. I couldn't get my Rock Boots in them. Turtles are shorter and heavier, also the foot pocket is larger. However, they are supposed to have Turtles available now in 2X, instead of just 3X.

Fins are tricky. The same problem exists with the SP Jets. Getting them to fit is the trick. Also, a buddy of mine dives the newer Dive Rite fins and swears by them, as opposed to at them...:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom