XS Scuba MiFlex Braided Hoses - Brand New to US - Various Sizes and Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys. When we first ordered, we honestly didn't know what the price structure would be. After all, the hoses hadn't even arrived in the US! As soon as we saw the real picture, we came to you with the correction.

This is going to the one of the hit products for the year. My only fear is that inventory will disappear so quickly that the folks at XS will not be able to keep up. As you know, building them,importing them, and shipping them all takes time.

On another note......if we were going to add 4 or 5 additional sizes or colors, what would you want to see? This is not a request of special order lengths, but an idea of where (length, color) we should add inventory. Post on this thread will be fine. Thanks.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Red and pink! Red and pink! (Maybe white.) :D

OK, the prices are changed on the website now. Take a look at the link below to see the adjusted prices for these hoses. Some of these things went down $6! All of the hose prices were adjusted. Take a look at the link to order and view the new prices.

XS Scuba MiFlex Braided Hoses - Absolutely Great Price - Cool Hoses

Thanks guys. We will be changing all of the orders that are due to ship on Friday. In fact, we are going to begin processing the orders so we can just put them in a box and rush them to the post office when they arrive on Friday. If ANYONE wants to get in on this first shipment, place your order now! Don't be caught being the only diver without the FIRST real hose innovation in years - the XS Scuba MiFlex Hose!

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Make it a reflex to dive with a MiFlex! (Sorry... it's the miso soup talking.)

40" for deco/stage use.

Did you read the Divernet.com review linked on the MiFlex page? The one concern I have with these is as a deco bottle hose. I guess the outer material and extra flexibility makes them "slippery" so they don't stay put as nicely as rubber ones do.

One point: I found that because the long Miflex hose was so light and flexible, it was easily displaced from where I stowed it.
A traditional rubber hose has some resistance to bending, and this serves to keep it firm against the bungee cords. I had to be sure to stow the Miflex really carefully.

Could be a non-issue, but frankly, that's the one potential issue I've been able to think of with these.

All that said, should these work out, I wonder if 44" hoses should be available as well, or if the extra flexibility means 40" suffices for both swivel and non-swivel regs.

Hadn't seen that, thanks. I was thinking the extra flex might be a good thing. I know on a few shorter hoses I've used (36"-40", no swivel), it can get tiring on the mouth when staging. Going to a 44" regular hose is fine. Even 40" is usually ok. I guess I'd be interested to hear what a few others had to say. For now, I personally have no need to switch any hoses, but I'm always open to hear about other people's experiences with new products.

Actually, we tucked the one yellow hose we have in a Dive Rite band holder and shook it all around checking to see if it was too "slick" to stay put. While we didn't dive with it like that, it didn't seem to slip around.

Brad dove with a 30" on his primary on Sunday. He like it. He said that it didn't pull bad at all and the light weight was noticeable on the mouthpiece. Several people will have these in their hands in a few days. We will get lots of feedback. Thanks.

Phil Ellis

an 18" hose for the inflator would be nice, since I use the DSS short hose inflator. 4" is a lot of hose to have extra. And maybe have blue in the longer lengths, for the reg hoses.

OK, all XS Scuba MiFlex orders that were in-house as of noon yesterday have been price corrected, the orders have been processed, the shipping cartons have been assembled, the label have been attached.....they are just waiting to drop the hoses in tomorrow morning and make the run to the post office.

If anyone wants to get these hoses in this first order, place your order now. We will get them out tomorrow. Thank you all for your business and support. I look forward to bringing you more Hot Deal in the future.

Phil Ellis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom