XS Scuba MiFlex Braided Hoses - Brand New to US - Various Sizes and Colors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My package is out for delivery, per UPS tracking. Should be here soon. I'll see if I can get things rigged up and take some photos in the next few days... not sure when I'll be able to get it wet.

Edit: Hoses are in. They look great. :)

And per our firm's pricey electronic postal scale, the 84" hose weighs a whopping 8.0 ounces. Impressive... I don't know how much the rubber 84" hoses weigh, since I don't keep one at my desk, but I suspect quite a lot more.

The "dry bags" that the hoses come in are a lot sturdier than many bags, but I wouldn't call them drybags. There's no ziploc seal, it just rolls over a few times, and the velcro keeps it shut. I'm sure it would keep your wallet dry on a boat, but I wouldn't trust it in the water.

Rate it! 1-10? Worth the buy? Worth replacing your already existing and working hoses?

My package is out for delivery, per UPS tracking. Should be here soon. I'll see if I can get things rigged up and take some photos in the next few days... not sure when I'll be able to get it wet.

And per our firm's pricey electronic postal scale, the 84" hose weighs a whopping 8.0 ounces. Impressive... I don't know how much the rubber 84" hoses weigh, since I don't keep one at my desk, but I suspect quite a lot more.

The "dry bags" that the hoses come in are a lot sturdier than many bags, but I wouldn't call them drybags. There's no ziploc seal, it just rolls over a few times, and the velcro keeps it shut. I'm sure it would keep your wallet dry on a boat, but I wouldn't trust it in the water.

You know, that is pretty fast shipping. USPS does great for light-weight packages. Glad you got them K. Thanks for your business.

Phil Ellis
Discount Scuba Gear at DiveSports.com - Buy Scuba Diving Equipment & Snorkeling Equipment

Rate it! 1-10? Worth the buy? Worth replacing your already existing and working hoses?

Ummm. Well. They're pretty. And light weight. And look good sitting in a box on my desk. They look like the photos on the website. Those are all pluses.

Beyond that, I'm going to have to wait until I get home and have a chance to actually connect them to some regulators. Then perhaps I'll suit up in the living room and see how well everything routes on dry land, and I can give more feedback.

After that, I need to go get them wet. Only then can I truly give meaningful feedback on their value.

I can tell you that based on weight alone, my kit is going be noticeably lighter, and that's a good thing. Worth the extra cost by itself? Hard to say... but a couple of pounds is actually significant when you're dealing with small airlines in foreign countries with 44lb weight limits on luggage. I'll see if I can weigh my complete kit of Atomic regs (M1/Z2) with rubber hoses, and then again with these hoses, to see what the real cumulative weight difference is. 84" long hose, 22" secondary, 32" drysuit hose, and 22" BC inflater (for my Mach V).

Mine showed up today and already have them hooked up. Thanks to Phil for the fast shipment. I'm sure everyone really appreciates it.

Yeah, I know I jumped the guy on the questioning, but I figured I would let you answer as best as you could anyway :D

Thanks for the info you've provided so far!

Ummm. Well. They're pretty. And light weight. And look good sitting in a box on my desk. They look like the photos on the website. Those are all pluses.

Beyond that, I'm going to have to wait until I get home and have a chance to actually connect them to some regulators. Then perhaps I'll suit up in the living room and see how well everything routes on dry land, and I can give more feedback.

After that, I need to go get them wet. Only then can I truly give meaningful feedback on their value.

I can tell you that based on weight alone, my kit is going be noticeably lighter, and that's a good thing. Worth the extra cost by itself? Hard to say... but a couple of pounds is actually significant when you're dealing with small airlines in foreign countries with 44lb weight limits on luggage. I'll see if I can weigh my complete kit of Atomic regs (M1/Z2) with rubber hoses, and then again with these hoses, to see what the real cumulative weight difference is. 84" long hose, 22" secondary, 32" drysuit hose, and 22" BC inflater (for my Mach V).

Holy Crap !

I ordered my hoses Saturday about 1:00 pm and they were waiting for me when I got home (USPS) ! They look great. Can't wait to try them out.

Thanks a lot, Phil

Huntster

Got the hoses yesterday, and they look and feel great!!! Even the wife is quite pleased and noticed how much more flexible the hoses are, and looks forward to diving with them. I was able to replace both regulator hoses, and install the hose onto my Sherwood Gemini octo without a problem!!

My "only" complaint is that I wish the "hose crimp" was a tad smoother, but that will be a non-issue if I pick up some hose protectors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom