XDeep NX Project adds too much lift to lower body for certain dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ever_Curious

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all!

I was able to find some people posting that they have had similar issues with XDeep's NX Project wing, but was unable to find information on what worked for those people to fix the issue.

For me, I love diving the rig in a wetsuit. I can maintain great trim and the fit is excellent! However, wearing a drysuit and adding deco bottles causes me to be unable to keep a horizontal position and I just end up either finning to stay in position or doing a handstand...

I've tried multiple different things trying to counteract the issue from adding weight to the bottom of the tanks, moving weight along my body, restricting airflow to my feet (drysuit), to the dreaded ankle weights. While these things help me to be able to dive, they make me overweighted and don't get me comfortable again.

Has anyone figured out what might help with this issue? I was thinking of restricting the bottom air cell area of the wing next but thought I'd reach out to the masses to see if anyone has a better idea. Thanks in advance!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom