xDeep Black BT - anyone own one yet? post reviews & feedback here...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My xdeep, sorry, Genz black had some weird issues. Out for repair right now...
I made two dives. The first dive my computer worked ok,
nothing special: max 9m for 39 min. Second dive when I entered the water my black was at 2.5 meters while I was at the surface.
It gave a deco stop at thee meters for 999 minutes. The depth kept increasing while at the surface.
During de dive depth reading kept saying wrong (had a backup). Black was in diving mode for over 30 hours, till the battery finally died..
Foto 14-06-15 12 42 42.jpgFoto 14-06-15 21 32 04.jpg

Just did two boat dives, and the Blue Heron dive in Florida. I had no issues, thankfully.

My xdeep, sorry, Genz black had some weird issues. Out for repair right now...
I made two dives. The first dive my computer worked ok,
nothing special: max 9m for 39 min. Second dive when I entered the water my black was at 2.5 meters while I was at the surface.
It gave a deco stop at thee meters for 999 minutes. The depth kept increasing while at the surface.
During de dive depth reading kept saying wrong (had a backup). Black was in diving mode for over 30 hours, till the battery finally died..
View attachment 210734View attachment 210735

Anything from the manufacturer?????

They said issue with the pressure sensor:
We are really sorry that you have some issue with the BLACK. The reason
may be the pressure sensor failure. We use top quality sensors manufactured by MEAS Switzerland, but as every kind of electronics, it may fail sometimes.

So I brought it back to the shop and they are handling it right now

Last edited:
- Compass: deviation of 60° !!! Whereas Suunto or DaSilva point to North 0°, The Xdeep shows W-W-N 300°. Recalibrating the compass does not solve the problem. And yes, I have calibrated it half a dozen times and yes I have done this in the open on a decent distance from any metal object that might screw up the calibration or the readout...

I must apologize for this remark, this was a calibration isue. Compass is functioning properly now.

Last edited:
I would recommend everybody not to buy this computer.
Mine has problems with the pressure sensor. Now I am waiting over six weeks (!) for the computer to return from repair...
Very bad after sales!

OP here, thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems with your XDeep. Frankly, I got sick and tired of all the delays and chaos and lost confidence in the company's ability to deliver. So I did the most sensible thing... I bought a Petrel.

Haven't looked back since. Hope you get things sorted out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom