xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps people should be inquiring WHY change is necessary...

We respect you and your point of view, you have a right to have one.

---------- Post added August 14th, 2015 at 09:03 AM ----------

Dear BLACK dive computer users.
Firmware 2.9.3 beta is available for testing before the official release. If you want to get an access to beta version, please send an email to beta@genz.pl. Please don't forget to include SERIAL NUMBER of your device. The beta would be set up for downloading up to two days after receving an e-mail.

Changelog:
- Added a "dive log" screen in the dive mode. This screen shows important moments of the dive (gas switches, alarms etc). Please note, that after updating from some old version, this screen must be switched on manually in Views -> Visibility menu. This function does not work in demo mode! (dummy screen is shown)
- Added export of multiple dives to UDDF files (LOGBOOK -> EXPORT UDDF). Please note, that device would switch off the USB port after export to renew the list of files.
- Added showing of TTS value using big font. This function may be switched off in usability menu.
- Added function of switching off the VSI in usability menu.
- Added temperature compensation function in usability menu for precise calibration of the temperature measurement.
- Improved smoothness of the menu when showing big number of options (for example in the logbook).
- Improvements in the battery indicator.
- Improvements in the FAT file system.
- Optimisation of the decompression algorithm.
- Fixed few minor bugs.

If you need immediate over the phone assistance please call Tec Dive Gear at 201 710 0042.

Ok, here is my experience with Sebastian from TECDIVEGEAR. I bought and received a xdeep black about November of 2014. Being winter here I didn't get a chance to dive it immediately. When I did a ice dive I noticed the temperature reading wasn't correct. I let it go for awhile because I wanted to do more dives with it and make sure. Fast forward to May of 2015 I contacted Sebastian and he had me send it to him COD for shipping. Unfortunately it needed to go to the manufacturer in Europe for repair. Sebastian at that time offered me another black to use while mine was being repaired at no cost. Do to a series of unfortunate events (ie customs and was lost for about a week) it took longer to get back to me, but I still had the loaner. When the unit was lost Sebastian offered me three options: Get me a new computer (he told me up front he didn't know how long that would take, because of the shortages), he would refund my full purchase price or I could keep the TMX black loaner I had. To shorten this up a little, my computer was found and sent to me immediately and it is repaired. Although this was some what frustrating at times, this could happen to any dive computer by any manufacturer. Bottom Line here is Sebastian did provide a loaner so I didn't miss any diving, the computer got repaired and returned to me and I was never charged anything for shipping. I am happy with the computer and the customer service. The worst thing about this computer is getting one. Hopefully they can fix that before they loose the American interest in this computer.

I have had couple issues and Sebastian has been nothing but helpful and prompt in my dealings with him. Offering a loaner and trying to sort out any issues.

When I purchased my Black EANx he shipped it immediately. This was around Christmas when everyone was complaining of delays and backorders.

Is this computer actually available for sale in the US? I called some of the current dealers as referenced by Sebastian on their website above and they just laughed at me on the phone. No availability for the Ghost either. Talk about a bust. Anyone surprised?

Is this computer actually available for sale in the US? I called some of the current dealers as referenced by Sebastian on their website above and they just laughed at me on the phone. No availability for the Ghost either. Talk about a bust. Anyone surprised?

:rofl3:

"We respect you and your point of view, you have a right to have one."

Tridacna we have TriMix version available for immediate delivery, next delivery of EANx version coming around DEMA
but please check with your dealer if they have any on order.
GHOST is in stock, you or your dealer can have it tomorrow with overnight delivery.

Best.
S.J

Now over two years after the first announcement of this computer and we're still hearing promises from them about distribution "after DEMA".

BTW. That first post (promise) was July 2013. :idk:

Now over two years after the first announcement of this computer and we're still hearing promises from them about distribution "after DEMA".

BTW. That first post (promise) was July 2013. :idk:

Triacna since the date of that post we have delivered hundreds of BLACK's to American market ... and yet its popularity grows no slower than back then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom