XCEL HAWAII, X-Flex Fullsuit review?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brolaca

New
Reaction score
Bought a XCEL HAWAII, INC 4/3 X-Flex X-Zip Fullsuit just now. The price justified the impulsive buy ($106 vs the $214 dollars on whiskeymilitia.com)

This is my first wetsuit.
I've looked for reviews but came up short.

Has anyone had any experience with this wetsuit/company?

Xcel used to be centered around surfing back in the day but I think they are making diving specific wetsuits now. Kinda like Body Glove and Oneil. Sounds like you got a great deal on a quality suit.

I dove this weekend, here is my review - broken down into the following categories:

Looks
Feel
Warmth
Value

Looks:
You look like a compete bad ass in this suit - I got many compliment on it at the dive site. Mine, in black, does not stand out too much, but the small accents in the design set it apart from any other suit I saw.

Feel:
Getting into the wetsuit was easy, the material was extremely stretchy but still hugged my body once it was fully on. The zipper under the neck was sometimes hard to zip, but this was a very very minor detail. As far as mobility is concerned, I felt like I could perform any task without a hassle.

Warmth:
I was diving in relatively warm water (Dutch Springs, PA) - Never did I feel cold and uncomfortable. However, please note that I also had a 7mm shorty on so I could not test the Xcel independently.

Value:
For the price that I got the suit, I cannot be happier with the results! Definitely buy it provided you come across a good deal!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom