X1 Blade Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bali1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
These are showing up at various vendors but no info on when they will be available for purchase.

RonR: Is there an ETA on these and how is it different than the regular Blade fin? Many thanks.

The Atomic X1 BladeFins were shown last year at DEMA, but they are not available yet. The new X1 BladeFins are designed with a firmer blade for even more power. Their firm blade is right for alternate kicks and can be used for all kinds of diving, including tech.

The Atomic X1 BladeFins were shown last year at DEMA, but they are not available yet. The new X1 BladeFins are designed with a firmer blade for even more power. Their firm blade is right for alternate kicks and can be used for all kinds of diving, including tech.
Can you provide any information on when will they be available?

Any update on when these will be available?

Not at the moment, but I've made a note to post it in this thread.
Is there any other performance information you can share about these new fins?

I dive with Atomic Splits and Mares Quattro's. I barrowed my son's Blades and was amazed on how my fatigue level was reduced. You stated the X1 will have more power, how about the fatigue levels? Link provided above make it seem like these are made more for Tech and or cave divers.

Last edited:
Is there any other performance information you can share about these new fins?

I dive with Atomic Splits and Mares Quattro's. I barrowed my son's Blades and was amazed on how my fatigue level was reduced. You stated the X1 will have more power, how about the fatigue levels? Link provided above make it seem like these are made more for Tech and or cave divers.
I talked to Dean at length at the recent Long Beach Scuba Show. The X1s sound like real power fins and are optimized for alternate kicks. It looks like Atomic completely rethought the fin and changed a lot of things that are build into most fins. A lot more solid material than in their splits or other blades. You'll definitely feel they are solid and they look like they have a very definite kick to them

It looks like Atomic completely rethought the fin and changed a lot of things that are build into most fins. A lot more solid material than in their splits or other blades. You'll definitely feel they are solid and they look like they have a very definite kick to them

Well, I have a pair of X1's in the Mail now. I should see them late this week, and dive with them next.

Been wanting to replace my Mares Quattro's as they hurt my feet after 2 heavy dives. My splits are nice, but felt after my rescue course that they did not give enough power. Love the Blades, but I do a lot of Wrecks and Caverns, that they just are not great for.

Maybe the X1 do it? Here is to hoping.

Well, I have a pair of X1's in the Mail now. I should see them late this week, and dive with them next.

Been wanting to replace my Mares Quattro's as they hurt my feet after 2 heavy dives. My splits are nice, but felt after my rescue course that they did not give enough power. Love the Blades, but I do a lot of Wrecks and Caverns, that they just are not great for.

Maybe the X1 do it? Here is to hoping.
We'd love to hear your thoughts when you give them a workout. Feel free to post a review here! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom