X1 Blade Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mine arrived today (spring straps coming tomorrow) - will be diving with them next week in Grand Cayman and will report back as well.

Mine arrived today (spring straps coming tomorrow) - will be diving with them next week in Grand Cayman and will report back as well.
Lucky you. Mine showed preparing to ship for 6 days. After contacting shop, I got caught in the I bought the last ones of their Pre order not actual in stock game. So mine are arriving sometime this week, sadly missed this weekends diving and have to wait for the 22nd and 23rd when I dive the new Lady Luck wreck. I have 4 days of diving Beaches, Wrecks and Drifts. I plan to bring all my Fins and give them a good comparison.

On another side, my daughter just moved from her Atomic Split Fins to the Old Atomic Blade Fins today.

My New X1's are in. Sadly, I wont see the water till this weekend. I am doing 5 days in Ft Lauderdale around the 20th, including the New Lady Luck Wreck. I will write a water comparison afterwards. I am going to post an out of the water review of the X1s and comparison to the Atomic Blades and Mares Quattro Plus Fins.

Attachments

• WP_20160705_13_35_37_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160705_13_35_37_Pro.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 114
I will write a water comparison afterwards. I am going to post an out of the water review of the X1s and comparison to the Atomic Blades and Mares Quattro Plus Fins.

Well?!? Iniquiring minds want to know!

I have the regular Blades, which I love. They are second only to my freediving fins.

The lower price on the X1s initially made me think "oh, they must be not as good as the regular Blades - just intended for wider market appeal." But, the description that they are more powerful and better for technical diving has really piqued my interest.

Well?!? Iniquiring minds want to know!

I have the regular Blades, which I love. They are second only to my freediving fins.

The lower price on the X1s initially made me think "oh, they must be not as good as the regular Blades - just intended for wider market appeal." But, the description that they are more powerful and better for technical diving has really piqued my interest.
I used them last week in Grand Cayman - got in 14 dives with the X1's and I loved them. I'm a relatively new diver (42 dives) and have used Scubapro Jet Sports until now. The X1's were far more powerful - you really surge forward when frog kicking versus the same effort on the Jet Sports. They definitely have more precise control as well - easier to position yourself and do helicopter turns. Felt very slightly more fatigue/tendency for a hamstring cramp to come on after 2 one hour long dives the first day - but never felt that again all week. Overall I really like them. However, I got the large size and could feel a little wobble/looseness in the foot pocket, so will be getting a pair of mediums instead.

Last edited:
I used them last week in Grand Cayman - got in 14 dives with the X1's and I loved them. I'm a relatively new diver (42 dives) and have used Scubapro Jet Sports until now. The X1's were far more powerful - you really surge forward when frog kicking versus the same effort on the Jet Sports. They definitely have more precise control as well - easier to position yourself and do helicopter turns. Felt very slightly more fatigue/tendency for a hamstring cramp to come on after 2 one hour long dives the first day - but never felt that again all week. Overall I really like them. However, I got the large size and could feel a little wobble/looseness in the foot pocket, so will be getting a pair of mediums instead.

What thickness/size boot do you wear? cheers.

I am going to post an out of the water review of the X1s and comparison to the Atomic Blades and Mares Quattro Plus Fins.

Still hoping for a real-world comparison between the Atomic X1 and Atomic Blade....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom