Wyndham Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will be at the Wyndham (Sabor) for 8 days in Apr 10 - 18. Have read mixed reviews depending on the web site used. Anyone stayed here recently. Will be using Diving With Martin. Just receive an email from them and they will pay the $2 per day Marine Park fee to offset the $3 fee for using Sand Dollor's pier. By the way got a great deal from Orbitz including air from Nashille and airport transfer. Solo - $1023.

Will be at the Wyndham (Sabor) for 8 days in Apr 10 - 18. Have read mixed reviews depending on the web site used. Anyone stayed here recently. Will be using Diving With Martin. Just receive an email from them and they will pay the $2 per day Marine Park fee to offset the $3 fee for using Sand Dollor's pier. By the way got a great deal from Orbitz including air from Nashille and airport transfer. Solo - $1023.

I paid $1450 for two tickets and thought I paid too much. That's includes tax and all the other BS charges they add on, except the baggae charge, which will be $25 for first and 35 for second bag, on US Air out of Charlotte, NC

Sabor attracts a bit younger crowd and seems a bit more lively than the Regency Club side, Wyndham. Rooms are newer and nice at Sabor but I still prefer the other side. They have a nice restaurant on the Sabor side, Mosaic-sp? that you'll like. good luck

My wife and I stayed there in July. It was very peaceful and service was great. Sabor had its own restaurant and pool with swim-up bar and good bartenders. Only drawback was you have to make reservations for dinner, but again service was great and food was good too. You can also eat at two other restaurants on the premises, one buffet and another one requiring reservations. there was also a snack bar open in the day for nachos, tacos, burgers, etc. Sabor rooms were nice and comfy with inroom safe and flat screen tvs and good a/c. It was a really nice experience and great value for the price.
The only con was it was almost 10 miles to town and the airport which is about a $20 cab ride. Not much happening around there. When we went back in Nov. we stayed closer to town and that gave us plenty more options of things to do and places to walk.
We dove with DWM also and loved them. they have small boats with only 6 or so divers. They provide a great service and were out earlier than most every morn. If you have a particular creature or fish that you want to see, just tell them and they will usually find it for you. They are good at what they do, and very safety oriented. We dove with them when we went back in Nov. and we will dive with them when we go back in March.
Hope this helps. any questions, just ask.

I am looking at booking a week at the Wyndham for the end of January (solo), great deals available with ocean view rooms atm. Not a diver, but love snorkeling. I just wanna relax and get some peace and quite under the heat of the sun. And get a great tan of course! My trip last month to PDC was more like a marathon, not a vacation, but had a great time. I was totally exhausted after returning home and slept for two days. Time for another vacation, by myself.

I heard there were some good reefs to snorkel to from shore in the area, is this true? I don't wanna do a tour with a gazillon other peeps flapping their fins in my face and thrashing about. Just want to snorkle off shore at my leisure.

Make sure they don't charge you a single supplement!! Some web sites quote great prices for Wyndham and don't mention it is double occupancy!! Surprise when they charge you at the resort. Confirm with email to Wyndham before booking!!!!!

Snorkel from their beach is just fair. good snorkel off beach across from Villablanca hotel.

Thanks for the tip on the Wyndham, loudives! Greatly appreciated. i will certainly check with both parties to confirm it is NOT double occupancy.

Many thanks for the Villablanca tip! I just located a site that lists some southern shore snorkeling availability nearby (answered my own question).
Cozumel Shore Snorkeling

Service is going to be good at any section you stay at Reef Club because that's what they do. It's smart business. Because they have the swim up bar and music playing at the pool at Sabor, that stays open after dark, it appears more lively and, maybe, a bit noiser. The pool at Regency club, Wyndham side, closes earlier and no music.

My wife and I stayed there in July. It was very peaceful and service was great. Sabor had its own restaurant and pool with swim-up bar and good bartenders. Only drawback was you have to make reservations for dinner, but again service was great and food was good too. You can also eat at two other restaurants on the premises, one buffet and another one requiring reservations. there was also a snack bar open in the day for nachos, tacos, burgers, etc. Sabor rooms were nice and comfy with inroom safe and flat screen tvs and good a/c. It was a really nice experience and great value for the price.
The only con was it was almost 10 miles to town and the airport which is about a $20 cab ride. Not much happening around there. When we went back in Nov. we stayed closer to town and that gave us plenty more options of things to do and places to walk.
We dove with DWM also and loved them. they have small boats with only 6 or so divers. They provide a great service and were out earlier than most every morn. If you have a particular creature or fish that you want to see, just tell them and they will usually find it for you. They are good at what they do, and very safety oriented. We dove with them when we went back in Nov. and we will dive with them when we go back in March.
Hope this helps. any questions, just ask.

I'm new to this site and just wanted to thank everyone here. Been a wealth of info for me.

The more I learn, Sabor is the right place for me. I'm going for the diving not the nite life. In my 50's, didn't want a family resort. Only plan to go into town once to experience the town square on Sun when no cruise ships in port and maybe renting a car 1 day to see the other side of the island.. Taking out the cheapest airfare and airport transfer - $68 a nite (solo - a lot cheaper than taking a cruise) was to good of a deal to pass up after researching the other resorts and B&B's. Looking forward to diving with DWM.

Once, again thanks to all who post here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom