Wyndham Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reg Braithwaite

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Thinking of hitting Coz again January 3-10 or so... has anybody stayed at the Wyndham Cozumel? If so, was it diver-friendly, e.g. was it easy for dive ops to pick up there?

I think they or their onsite op charges a pier fee if you're not using the onsite op (Sand Dollar I think). I remember this coming up a while ago. Might want to do search and see what pops up.

Last time I stayed at the Wyndham they were charging 3 dollars per day to use the pier.Will be in Cozumel Jan. 1st thru 8th,and diving with blue Angel.We are staying at Hotel Cozumel which is about a 10 minute walk down to Blue Angel.Have stayed at both places and think Hotel Cozumel is a better value for divers and also a easy walk to town.

We have stayed at Wyndham (Reef Club) multiple times and even bought in. For us accomodations and food are fine. Onsite dive op is Sand Dollar and we've been pleased with their service/abilities. We don't go into town but once a trip and it is a haul to get there. With all the cruise ships these days it's not the same as it was in the 80's/90's.

Wyndham is diver friendly if you dive with on site OP "Sand Dollar"
All other OPs can pick you up there but you have to pay Sand Dollar a $3 per person per day pier fee. No fee if you dive with Sand Dollar

Thanks for the responses everyone, I booked with Blue Angel instead.

Anything you want to know about dive ops and hotels in Coz Loudives is the guy that can set you straight, but let me add my humble two cents. I dive with the onsite dive op, Sand Dollar Sports. I've dove with them for a few years now so I know the dive masters and staff and love the ease of having an onsite dive op that I feel comfortable with. The Reef Club is nice as well. I will also be there in January. Happy and safe diving.

BTW, does anyone know the water temp in January? I'm thinking, if my memory is corect, 75*f to 78* f? 3 mil and hood?

Thinking of hitting Coz again January 3-10 or so... has anybody stayed at the Wyndham Cozumel? If so, was it diver-friendly, e.g. was it easy for dive ops to pick up there?

I'm jealous...sigh...no trip south till 4/1. Looking at flight costs they're down from Indy which is good. More $$ for diving :)

We stay at the Wyndham often, and always dive with Sand Dollar. We've ALWAYS had a great time with Sand Dollar. Easy Access, Excellent Staff, Perfect Diving. Couldn't get any better. Feel free to PM me if you need more information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom