www.divearoundtexas.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For those of yall interested there will be a guided dive of Mammoth Lake's Yellow Submarine Saturday Feb. 28th. The dives will be guided by the building of the sub Bob Wollam. Bob is a divemaster for Hydrosports Scuba and been diving for around 40 years.

Great way to cheannel money into a few pockets (read SSI) while getting nothing that you cannot do your self. $25.00 buy in will get you a low quality t-shirt and one ticket to a banquet in San Marcos (if you are in the area) and the chance to dive areas you could always dive on your own.

I'm not sure how anyone can be offended by this contest. I am very impressed with how members from several agencys, manufactures and dive shops are volunteering time and resources to this. With only the hopes that it will spur some interest in diving locally. No money is being channeled to anyone. It even states no purchase necessary. This appears to me to be a truly bipartisan effort. Those that have put the effort into offering this labor of love deserve gratitude.

Of course you can go diving on your own. But what a great incentive to get people to go diving. I am willing to bet that we will see lots of diving activity at the local dive sites generated by the Dive Around Texas program. It has already sparked several of our divers to hunt down new places to try. It will be great to do a little travelling to see some your favorite sites and I welcome anyone to contact me about our favorites.

Cheers,
Rich

A program like this should get more people diving at sites all over the state. If that brings in more revenue for dive site operators, then dive sites should only get better. For 25 bucks, I'll help out.

pay your money take your chances get your t shirt go diving any lake river mud hole gulf oil rigs jettys or whatever you can think of have dinner in fall sounds fun. get shop to stamp dive log

I'm joining this group with Scubaland. It's easy to get 12 dives in, especially with two Flower Gardens trips. I'm not a very lucky person, but hope to get in on a prize.

Is there any reason that the Port Aransas Jetties are not on the Dive Around Texas list? It seems that there are a lot of divers that come to the Corpus Christi area and dive the Jetties and the Gulf rigs. I would like to see the Jetties placed on the "DAT" list. Thanks and safe diving!

Is there any reason that the Port Aransas Jetties are not on the Dive Around Texas list? It seems that there are a lot of divers that come to the Corpus Christi area and dive the Jetties and the Gulf rigs. I would like to see the Jetties placed on the "DAT" list. Thanks and safe diving!

The current list of dive sites on Dive around Texas is just some suggested sites. There are no approved sites that are sanctioned. I know my friends and I are looking for new and unique places to dive. Thanks for sharing your favorite. Maybe we can get more suggestions of dive sites.

Back
Top Bottom