www.divearoundtexas.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like this bit:

<<DiveAroundTexas.com challenges Texas divers to get out and explore some of the great diving that Texas has to offer. Texas is blessed with over 30 different incredible dive spots >>

Thats more than one dive site every 9000 square miles :wink:

Hmmm...I didn't realize that Windy Point Park was the only spot on Lake Travis to dive. I'm glad someone finally told me. I've been diving all around that lake!!! :D

Melissa, I think you should forward the URL of your dive sites map to them. It's much more thorough!

It isn't the only place. I think that is a place that you can take place in the program.

Ha, ha...I get that. :D It was just a little tongue and cheek sarcastic comment....I know, surprising coming from me. :wink:

Nice idea...however, the part that lost me was "make your dives and then stop by your participating dive shop to have them verified".

The nearest participating dive shop is five hours away.

Excuse me while I go whine. Ya'll have fun, though!

The concept is interesting to say the least. :wink: But I have to say I applaud their enthusiasm and creativity...and I'll sign on just because of that!

$25 to sign up and only 8 participating retailers. :confused: :no:

The list of contributors is interesting. Assuming the same person's name indicates a "close" business relationship between the various companies.

It is all about getting people to dive. I am sure we have all talked to people that say they used to dive but there isn't where to dive any closer than Florida or Mexico.

I will help to promote the sport in anyway I can.

I think that the reason for so few participating retailers is that it's still being rolled out to dive shops. We have heard about it but I just recieved the sign up info.

A couple years ago George Roseberry from Aqualung set up a similar contest. It started off with one or two people going out on Sundays and ended up with 15 to 20 people meeting up and looking for new spots to dive. I wish I could say we discovered a secret dive nirvana, but we had one hell of a good time.

I'm glad to see so many people from different interests come together to promote Texas diving. I know my shop will be supporting this program. I hope I'll meet some new divers along the way.

Cheers,
Rich

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom