Wtd: 3/10/05

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife called and asked me how I was planning to get to Alki. Apparently the bridge is shut down because of an accident that damaged it?

Now while I believe my wife I find it a little strange that they've shut down the entire bridge. Anyone out there hear the same thing? If so how can I get there from I-5 (coming from Issaquah today).

Dave I believe she's talking about yesterday's accident that temporarily shut down the bridge because some Darwin Award candidate couldn't wait for the Spokane Street span to close before he drove around all the stopped traffic, broke through two barriers, and plummeted to his death on the pavement 60 feet below.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/215304_crash10.html

Last I heard they have a patrol car on-location to act as a barrier ... that may slow things down, but I doubt they've closed the bridge.

FWIW - I know no other way to get to West Seattle if the bridge is out ... in that case, it might as well be Gilligan's Island.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
Dave I believe she's talking about yesterday's accident that temporarily shut down the bridge because some Darwin Award candidate couldn't wait for the Spokane Street span to close before he drove around all the stopped traffic, broke through two barriers, and plummeted to his death on the pavement 60 feet below.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/215304_crash10.html

Last I heard they have a patrol car on-location to act as a barrier ... that may slow things down, but I doubt they've closed the bridge.

FWIW - I know no other way to get to West Seattle if the bridge is out ... in that case, it might as well be Gilligan's Island.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

You can do it but you have to go further south on I-5 before turning off (as in going to White Center). Then you can take 35th all the way back to West Seattle.

Back
Top Bottom