WTB: Spring straps for quattros

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allen42

Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone knows where I can buy a good set of "shackled" SS spring straps for my Quattros for a reasonable price, I'd be interested. I don't have enough time to make 'em these days.

If you know of a place, or want to make me a pair (possibly two), post here or msg me, please.

Thanks,
Allen

I like the idea of the "sealed" shackled-style attachment better than the clip-on Manta springs.

Have you used the manta springs? Do you like them? Any probs? Do they have the "overstretch protector string" in them?

No overstretch line in the Mantas and the spring is not as beefy as others I've seen.

No problems so far, and they do work infinitely better than the standard Mares buckles/straps.

I could make you some.

The problem is that the shacle is squeezed in place during assembly and is then not so easy to take off and put back on.

If I had more money than time I would buy the Manta spring straps. As I have more time than money right now I made my own as I posted in another thread.

$55 for spring straps is a complete rip off. Just made mine a few weeks ago, very easy and did not take more than about 20 minutes in all.

If you want to PM I will send you info on how to do it. I used SS S-hooks instead of the skackles. Works every bit as good in my opinion. Give me your email address and I will send you pictures of my volos. Trust me. This is very easy.

Can be made for probably $25.

With the cave line insert and the stainless steel shackles all ready to go. Send me a PM..

By the way - I prefer the shackles to the S-Hooks - it's just more secure that way. You can also use screws and make them even more low-profile.

Boog711

I can understand why it might seem more secure with the shackles but think about it......were dealing with stainless steel s-hooks here. Not some skimpy piece of metal that's an s-hook. It takes a GREAT DEAL of force to compress the s-hooks around the lug. Now, once in place securely, what in the world can we expect to bend the s-hook enough to come loose from the lug?

I know, I know.....but humor me anyway. Yes the shackles are more secure but im my opinion they are way overkill when the s-hooks are not going to bend out of shape anyway.

ugly....come on, you can do better than that....LOL. I hear ya. I needed the extra length the s-hooks provided over the shackles due to larger feet. The 11" spring would not be long enough had I used the shackles.......and I thought they were a bit of overkill......couldn't resist Boog.

They both work well I imagine. I just covered the s-hooks with the tubing and they look fine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom