Mares bungee strap extenders needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iBJanky

Registered
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has two bungee strap extenders that they don't need.

I have size 14US feet and I bought a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro Plus fins in size XL and they only came with 2 of the extenders. They're just a tad too snug even when I used one extender per fin. Adding another extender per fin would make them fit perfect.

I checked some online retailers and I was advised they have been on backorder for months.

I'm hoping for a miracle that someone here has a couple of them that they don't use.

I am willing to pay for them, and for postage of course.

Let me know. Thanks in advance!

I believe I have two available. How desperate are you?

I could have problems communicating with you since Scubaboard scrooges have implemented limitations to their website. Crybabies!

If anyone ever needs in future get in touch with me. gmiwholesale at gmail dot com Also fyi with a bit of effort you can replace current bungee with spear fishing rubber And make them any length you like. Pro tip taper the rubber to start it thru the threaded portion. secure or have someone hold the rubber on end your not working on. Stretch it out and slide the threaded portion up past where you want it. Fold the rubber and cut a Slit lengthwise. Put some soap in the slit. Use a pair of needle nose to insert the ball bearing and push it up with a Chinese regulator tool(chopstick) then slide the threaded portion back and trim. It’s a hassel so if replacement straps are around I would consider buying them over rebuilding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom