Wrist vs Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan:
Consoles are the dumbest thing in scuba diving.

:)

Why do you say that? I wore a dive watch last year during my OW and never looked at it! I understand the convenience of the wrist mount and might look into one, but right now my attention is on the console.

Bill

BigBill:
Why do you say that? I wore a dive watch last year during my OW and never looked at it! I understand the convenience of the wrist mount and might look into one, but right now my attention is on the console.

Bill
IMO, mounting instruments on your wrist is better in almost way. I think all of the reasons have been pointed out in this thread.

Bill,

Both sides have their merits. Go with what works for you. I dove a console when I had my Seaquest...err, your Seaquest :wink: and it served me well. Since I switched to BP/W, wrist mounting is the way for me to go. It's personal preference.

Jon, leave Bill alone, he's with me. :14:

H2Andy:
i
i also had trouble getting used to removing the thing before taking off the
suit. but after a while, it's second nature.

also, be careful when getting into your BC with the wrist unit on. it tends to
catch on straps. i usually put my computer arm in first through the BC.

Yeah, like after the first time you have your arm almost out of the wetsuit but can't get it off your wrist because the computer is still there.

I got rid of the wrist straps and replaced them with 2 bungee cords on each. Most lost computers are usually still attached to a broken wrist strap. Bungee and compass are clipped to a double ender and my BC. Last thing I do as I gear up is place them on my wrists. And after the dive, I take them off and reclip to the snap before I shed the BC.

I have a vyper comuter with the spg and compass on a great big gomy (is that a word) console and I hate it. Im saving for they vytec or d9. Might take me a bit but its something to look forward to :D

Console works for me. Sheesh... err.... Dacor Darwin Air. (is that really what it is? Uhhh... yea, that's it!)

ScubaTwo:
I have a vyper comuter with the spg and compass on a great big gomy (is that a word) console and I hate it. Im saving for they vytec or d9. Might take me a bit but its something to look forward to :D

Why not just put the Vyper and the compass on bungees and call it a day. You could probably even pull out the SPG and just clip it to your waistbelt.

You'l be no worse off as a diver and several thousand $$ richer.

doole:
Why not just put the Vyper and the compass on bungees and call it a day. You could probably even pull out the SPG and just clip it to your waistbelt.

You'l be no worse off as a diver and several thousand $$ richer.

To much clutter for me plus I wouldnt have an excuse to get the other one :)

Derek S:
Bill,

Both sides have their merits. Go with what works for you. I dove a console when I had my Seaquest...err, your Seaquest :wink: and it served me well. Since I switched to BP/W, wrist mounting is the way for me to go. It's personal preference.

Jon, leave Bill alone, he's with me. :14:

Not to be difficult but would it be possible to actually list the merits of a console? Maybe I missed them from earlier in the thread.

limeyx:
Not to be difficult but would it be possible to actually list the merits of a console? Maybe I missed them from earlier in the thread.
Well...... they're harder to lose.

Back
Top Bottom