Wrist or consoles computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wrist

I know lots of people disagree, but I prefer my console. I don't have to flip it over -- everything is on the same side. I like having everything in one place -- compass, SPG, and computer at one glance. I tried a wrist compass, but I found it awkward to hold my arm at exactly the correct angle, so it was always crooked. With the console, I hold it straight, it reads straight. Also, I find that holding my console reminds me to keep my hands "quiet" in the water (no sculling).

But probably the most important reason I like it is that I'm less likely to lose it! A wrist computer is just one more thing to leave on a boat when you're scrambling to get all your gear packed up, y'know?

I STARTED DIVING IN 2002 . I picked up atmos 2 wrist mount ..ITS a very good computer !! MOST PEOPLE RATHER NOT BRAKE UP A GOOD CONSOLE!!!! Its good to have a back up depth gage!!!! { DONT FORGET ALWAYS EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED }
Be safe scubadmike 7/21/07

Started out witht he console mount and have just changed to the wireless Oceanic Atom 2.0.

Best move I ever made, mind yoou, I still use an SPG as well.

Better safe than sorry.

Seem like wrist is the way to go. I have yet to purchase a computer so great to know since I was wondering same thing. Now... in my case however i have only 1 functional eye (see my avatar) so where would I put my compass since placing it on my other arm does not work as I cannot see it without literally bringing it right over in front of my right eye ( not exactly practical with full 7mm wet suit with 7mm shorty on top plus BC... there is just to much bulk to move that way).

kingwayne:
:confused: What do most divers prefer wrist or consoles computers?
And why, I’m looking to buy Aeris XR2

On charters and at the beach, I tend to see more consoles. Maybe that's because I see a lot of students.

Doesn't really matter, though, what others prefer. What do you prefer/think you'll prefer?

ClayJar:
...the number of divers who have switched appears to lean heavily in the console-to-wrist direction...

I'd be willing to bet that has at least something to do with dive shops pushing the more-expensive gear on new divers.

ennyl265:
so where would I put my compass since placing it on my other arm does not work as I cannot see it without literally bringing it right over in front of my right eye

No reason you can't have both on the same arm. Also, could you not read it by turning your head?

Wrist. You really don't want anything dangling if you can avoid it.

Jeff

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom