Wrist or consoles computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a console junkie and it works for me.

Pete

I have wrist computer, but I have it mounted on a retractor that is hung on a D-ring on my bc.

When your kicking back during your stops, it's hella hard to watch a console to see when to move up to the next one :wink:

Because pictures are worth 1000 words :wink:

Saskatchewan%2012-30-06%20%2871%29%20Bjorn.jpg

Wrist for me (with wireless air integration).

I started with a console (Cobra with air integration) clipped to a retractor on my chest, but after two years I got annoyed with turning it over read it. Plus I got to thinking I should take a backup on dive vacations, in case it stopped working.

So I got a Vytec (with air integration) for my wrist. I've found it keeps me much more on top of my numbers. The air integration is important for this. The Vytec uses the same algorithm and display as my Cobra, so I'm right at home with it.

But what if the pressure transmission from tank to Vytec fails? OK, I needed to add a simple SPG as a backup. But wait! Just continue diving with the Cobra—use it for backup pressure! Now I have backups galore: Cobra backing up Vytec pressure on my wrist, dual computers under water, and vacation dive insurance.

Another vote for wrist.

I have a console with the computer and pressure gauge on one side and a compass on the other. It is attached to a retracter on my lower left d-ring at bottom of BC. I have no problem reading it, and besides since my Vyper isn't air integrated I like to be able to check pressure and my computer at the same time instead of having computer and gauges in two seperated places.

I've got one of each, and always look at my wrist. A console is a handy place for a backup though.

I had a console at first before moving to wrist. The change was *wonderful*.

I've noticed lately there have been a lot more wrist computers on dive trips from my LDS. I can't say why the change, but I can say I've heard only good things from the wristies.

(Some people like consoles better, and that's fine, but the number of divers who have switched appears to lean heavily in the console-to-wrist direction.)

My wrist mount is great, but my close-up vision is a little fuzzy, and even its large numbers are sometimes a challenge.

I've been considering moving to a console, the Oceanic Pro Plus II, for its huge display.
I currently keep my console retractor-clipped to my BC, where it remains in viewable postition at all times.

I could probably settle for some gauge reading inserts for my mask for a lot less than a new computer, but don't tell that to my wife.:wink:

Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom