Wrist mounted computer (not big and square), that has large(r) text...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wgw04024

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Didn't have alot of luck with search, but I'm sure it's there....
Looking for a new computer wrist mount, that has a bit larger display as as reading glasses are more of a 'thing' these days. :eek:

Suggestions?

The Teric with the Big Screen layoust works for me. (I can't read without my bifocals.)

Shearwater Tern and Tern TX. The Peregrine is square but much more compact that you think at first because it does not have the replaceable battery compartment and wears smaller than it looks as a result.

I have to laugh. This is the first complaint I've seen about the shape of a computer....and they are not square, anyway.

I have to laugh. This is the first complaint I've seen about the shape of a computer....and they are not square, anyway.
Ok, it's rectangular, stop splitting hairs.

I'm not sure what my issue is with it aesthetically, but when I see less than competent diver with a big square computer, I roll my eyes. I know, so judgy....
:)

Ok, it's rectangular, stop splitting hairs.

I'm not sure what my issue is with it aesthetically, but when I see less than competent diver with a big square computer, I roll my eyes. I know, so judgy....
:)
If screen visibility is your issue, then the text/info fits better on a rectangular screen.
I'm guessing there are far more "less than competent divers" with round computers than with rectangular ones.
Maybe you should stick with tables....

Well that figures, it was probably the most expensive one I looked at last night. LOL

Thank you!
Chances are they all have the same option but the Teric has the nicest display.

I guided a diver who had set her Teric to large pink numbers. It was very easy to read from several feet away.

I was also impressed with the display on another diver’s Suunto ocean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom