Wrist mounted computer (not big and square), that has large(r) text...?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Didn't have alot of luck with search, but I'm sure it's there....
Looking for a new computer wrist mount, that has a bit larger display as as reading glasses are more of a 'thing' these days. :eek:

Suggestions?
mares quad

OP, unless you’re in the market for a computer anyway, either “gauge reader” mask inserts or, much better, a prescription mask might be a good place to start.

Your competence as a diver has nothing to do with the shape and size of your computer. Just sayin'.

Oh, now you tell me…

I thought getting a Shearwater Perdix for my 10m / 33ft dives was a sure fire way to deal with my sense of inadequacy as a diver.

So, does that enormous lift kit, ridiculous set of wheels and massive array of LED lights on my pick up give me away, too?

:wink:

My Peregrine is one of the few computers I can read without my prescription mask.

Does the Tern and Teric have smaller digits than the Peregrine or do they just leave off information to another screen?

Split fins..
Stab jackets..
Masks on forehead..

To this list of red flags when sizing up another diver we can now add the shameful:

Round dive computer..

For the OP's question - I went with an OSTC computer as they have a large text option on a bright and large display on par with shearwaters best screens.

heinrichs-weikamp-ostc2-2017_8.png

Better yet - their computers are black and square, signifying to all around that I know what I'm doing, although secretly I live in continuous fear of being exposed as a complete muppet underwater..

Cheers
Rohan.

Back
Top Bottom