Wrist Computer vs Console

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like a wrist, especially since I am fairly new. I can keep it in view while working my inflator. I can watch as I ascend and at my safety stop. I keep it on my right wrist, so my left is free to work the inflator. I also recommend the large display if you're over 40!

As a hunter I will tell you that a wrist computer has liabilities. Pulling Groupers out of holes it gets real scraped up and the bands don't last more than a couple (2 max)of months.

Wrist mount on the right wrist, but with bungee cords. Compass on the left wrist with bungee cords.

I am an Open water diver and am ready to plunge into buying my own equipment. Which is the general opinion on computers. Wrist type or console type.Thanks

Having owned both, I prefer the wrist. But, if you are unsure, there are several brands (Aries is one) that you can convert from console to wrist and back, so you can try both. I started with the console, but later wanted to try the wrist, so I got the wrist boot for it, then decided I like the wrist better.
Good Luck.

I've had wrist, console and hose-mounted computers. My preference is for wrist mount on my left arm because it makes it easy to check (assuming the digits are large enough) just by tilting my wrist. My right hand carries a camera so it is occupied. I don't like having to use my left hand to reach for a console. This is especially true when I am filming a subject... I like to be able to check deco time at a glance rather than disrupting my filming by reaching.

By the way, if you decide on wrist, make sure the band is a sturdy one or get it bungie-mounted. My Uwatec Aladin Pro wrist strap broke while I was on a dive. Good thing I noticed it right away. Being a starving marine biologist, I decided not to buy another band for $30+ and rigged it up so I could attach it to my console. I'm looking forward to my new wrist mounted Nitek Duo to arrive soon and return my computer to where it belongs... on my wrist!

Wrist mount except when doing work that would make that be in the way.

Wrist mount on the right wrist, but with bungee cords. Compass on the left wrist with bungee cords.

could you send a picture of how you did that i just bought i wrist mount Suunto and i would like to bungee it thanks for the help :D

Wrist and I ain’t dealing with no laptop neither.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom