Wrist boot for Aeris Atmos 2 Compass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riff-raff

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi!

I am looking for a wrist mount boot for an Aeris Atmos 2 compass (approx. 5 years old). It was in a console, but my computer died, so now I am switching it to a wrist mount.

If anyone has any suggestions, short of selling it and getting an Suunto SK7 :D, please let me know.

Thanks!

My Atmos-2 console takes a common Pelagic round compass. Your LDS or Leisure Pro can set you up for under $20. I actually bought just the console & computer and transplanted the compass and SPG from my prior Genesis analog set-up.

riff-raff, Speak with your local Aeris dealer and ask them to check with their Aeris supplier to see if they can order you in one. I know the supplier in Canada, for example, can still do so even though the Atmos II is no longer in production.

The compass is not specific to Aeris/ Oceanic. It is a generic compass that is sold not only under those two but also Sherwood, Trident, and perhaps Innovative Scuba. Go to ebay and look I found my wrist boot for 8 bucks plus 5 shipping from a private seller. Even from an aeris/oceanic dealer it should be no more than 12 or so. Problem is that today I was assisting another diver in looking for a mask that was dropped in about 8 ft of very silted up water. While reaching for the mask my strap broke and bye bye compass. Someone may find it later. Hopefully I'll get it back. I have another in a console but that convinced me to not rely on that type of strap. I'm waiting on an answer from the deco stop on an sk7 w/DSS bungee mount. No more buckles for me.

Back
Top Bottom